View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2015, 06:21 PM

Unhappy Persistant Problem with Cats Eye

Hi there,

First off, sorry for the long winded post but I cant seem to get my baby any real results from any treatments shes been given. So...here we go...

Ive been back and forth to the vet for 9 months now with no improvement with my cat's eye problems. The vet hasn't been able to give me an actual diagnosis, either. From what I gathered my cat had a scratch on her cornea from playing with a clumsy puppy, however with all the medications she has been prescribed nothing has made a difference.
My first visit I was given Fucithalmic Vet Ophthalmic Gel with Fusidic Acid which had no effect. On my third visit I was given Ciloxan, a stronger antibiotic, Optixcare L-Lysine treats, and an anti inflammatory Voltaren. After administering the treatment for the time I was told, a week, I was laid off and could not afford another trip to the vet. Eventually the eye problem cleared up on its own, only to come back in full force with the stress of a move to a different home.
My next visit to the vet she was prescribed Voltaren and Ciloxan again, and more Optixcare treats, despite the fact I told the vet it had made no difference before. They also gave me Onsior (robenacoxib), a non steroidal anti-inflammatory pill for her to take, as well as tear gel.
Following that they prescribed Erythromycin as well as a serum made from her own blood, and told to continue to use the tear gel.
After that I was given more Optixcare treats and Doxycycline to be given to her orally.
So far since early summer, vet bills have accumulated to well over $1500, probably closer to 2k if I added up all the bills but I haven't the heart or stomach for it. I feel as if my veterinarian is just guessing about everything. Im a starving student as it is, and cant afford many more half-assed diagnoses.
Anyone have any suggestions? I'm taking her to a different vet next time I have the funds to actually afford it.

Thanks for the long read,
ClaireMo

EDIT
My cat is a 2 year old calico cat