View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Questions on Cat Food

Hi all,

About a month ago we switched to wet cat food and so far the results have been great. Our vet thought it would be a good idea to give them dry food as well in order to help with their teeth. Right now we feed them twice a day: 8 AM and 5 PM. Here are my questions:

1 - How much wet food should I be giving them? One is 3 years old and the other is 7 months. Right now we give them about 1/4 can per meal. I'm just not sure if that is too little or too much as I think they'd eat the whole can if I left it for them .

2 - I tried finding Wellness is bulk but did not have any luck with any of the pet stores nearby. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Canadian stores that may offer a discount when buying in large quantities?

3 - My oldest cat likes to eat from both bowls. When the younger one leaves, the older one will typically go to her dish and eat some of it. As far as I can tell the youngest still gets her fair share, but is there anyway to prevent the oldest cat from eating it all? I'm hoping that once she reaches her quota that she will give up.

Thanks!