View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacrompton View Post
He got his rabies vacination
Why on earth did the vet vaccinate him at this time? It clearly states on the product insert that vaccines should only be administered to healthy animals. Drives me nuts that vets regularly disregard this little tidbit. From Pfizer's own website: http://www.pfizerah.com/PAHimages/co...compliance.pdf

Quote:
Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 1-mL dose at 3 months of age or older to healthy dogs and cats.

PRECAUTIONS:

7. This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
Glad to hear that Monty is doing better though, despite being vaccinated. I'd still be inclined to question it at his next vet appointment. Having had one of my own cats vaccinated when he was ill and then dealing with the almost deadly repercussions, this isn't something I take lightly.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler