View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Loki Love, sorry to hear about your kitty.

I agree with sugarcatmom and not discuss Mr Miyagi's diet with your vet .....just tell her you're working with a feline nutritionist and not interested in any food made by Hills.

Here is what the dogfood analysis site says about the z/d dog food ....

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...uct=1078&cat=7

Two other members here have this same problem with their cats (Chris21711 and quincymycat) and I'm sure they will post what has helped them once they log on.

Good luck.
I agree - the food is going to be garbage. I'm just worried that if I don't follow the vet's advice, what happens if I'm putting Mr Miyagi more at risk? What if he does actually need this specially zapped protein food as compared to just a limited protein?

He was on Natural Balance LID Duck and Green Pea formula - and then he started vomiting on that hard food. I didn't clue in then, and simply switched the hard food to a fish based food (while keeping on with the regular canned food - NB Duck and Green Pea, EVO beef, Wellness Core fish something or other). He had been doing well (or so I thought).

It's not that I don't care about what I feed my cat - I just want the best chance of success - whether that's a special hydrolyzed protein vet food that is also filled with garbage.. or.. all wet food with limited protein sources.

I want to be ready for this discussion with the vet tomorrow.