View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler~GateKeeper View Post
Vlad might also have lost some muscle mass, that usually burns faster than fat does, that could've caused a spike in the Creatinine levels since it's a byproduct of muscle wasting as well as muscle gain.

I can see that happening then. They have all lost weight, but you can see it more in Vlad because he's such a big cat.

The lymphocytes being low due to stress is common & called stress lymphopenia.

I'm using Feliway around the apartment. I spray it around his bed and stuff, hoping that helps him feel less stressed

That's right Oksana is prone to UTIs - that'll explain the low neutrophil levels - they're fighting the infection from the urinary tract & UTIs always make the cats pee more so that explains her high albumin dehydration factor.

Yes, she had a period a little over a year ago where she was getting them every couple of months, which is why I just broke down and started feeding the Royal Canine SO. She's not had a bout in a long time. I practically never see her drinking water. Neither she and Vlad really do, so I've been adding more water to their food. Czari drinks often, and I have caught Maks and Kiska drinking now and then. I wonder if adding Lysine to Oksana's food may help strengthen her immune system to help her fight anything off?

Hot ears on a cat, that has not been laying in the sun, under a blanket or some other very warm spot, can indicate high fever or stress levels - when Duffy was having a severe allergic/pancreatic reaction to raw duck there were numerous symptoms she was displaying & one of them were her ears were burning hot to the point I was attempting to cool her down w/cold wet towel over her head.

Ah, okay. I spent most of the day yesterday touching his ears and they were pretty cool. They do get a bit warm sometimes, not too warm but at least I'll know to start worrying of they get really hot.

You're welcome & anytime time AG

I'm going to have a talk with their regular vet this week. I want to discuss what the other vet told me and see what she thinks we should do. I just want to cover all the bases. If I need to have him take a urinalysis, to make sure everything is good, then I'll have to take him in. Same for Oksana.

Thanks again for helping decipher all of this. I've got a lot more information now which is ALWAYS good.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/