View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM

just started formal training?

so my dog is 3 yrs old male. he is pretty good with commands with no distractions, knows over 8-9 commands, but with distractions he is okay, so i sgned him up for intermediate dog training class at petsmart, everyone was telling me it was pretty bad, but i think it was good, i think it all depends on the teacher you have, the one i had, had 3 dogs 1-2 years old all 6 months apart and she brought one of her dogs in and it was really well trained, and she was really good at her job and giving information. i am very satisfied with the instructions i was given with her

so my question is why does everyone look down on anything petsmart? is it because they are a chain pet store? which i can understand , i would never BUY a pet of any kind from there but overall there not completly bad id say 50/50, the other is what would be different from a pet training class from petsmart and a pet training class from a professional bussiness?

\the class im in has 3-4 dogs(one dog didnt show for the class) and i personally like it, she can watch all of us while we try to train and be attentive to our mistakes which i love and i thinki as long as you do your homework you will find that this training benefits your dog completely. any opinions?