Thread: Tripe?
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2015, 09:28 PM

green tripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
The white tripe you have is bleached and washed and has no real nutritional value for your pets. It's been cleaned for human consumption. It won't hurt them, but it's sort of a waste. Raw green tripe is super stinky (think cow barns) and the dogs LOVE it. You will not find raw green trip in any grocery store. Stores that sell raw dog food will normally carry green tripe frozen, which is fine. Just defrost it and feed.

Be careful with liver, it will cause loose stools, I generally give liver only before I give a bone in meal. Too much bone can cause constipation so the liver balances it out nicely.

As for the marrow bones, be very, very careful of that. Marrow bones are normally from a cow's leg bone, and weight bearing bones (as in from cows, and bison and such) while fun for a dog to chew, can do extreme damage to their teeth. They are just too hard. Your dog can easily chip a tooth or crack one on a marrow bone. The other problem with marrow bones is if they get their bottom jaw stuck through the hollow of the bone and end up with it stuck on their jaw. I never feed marrow bones even though I can get them for free, just too much risk. Bones should also never be fed unsupervised.

Good luck with the raw diet. It can be daunting to get into, but the results are well worth it. Introduce new meat sources slowly to avoid cannon butt.

hi,

i hope u can help me... i am looking for green tripe. do u know where i can purchased or order them... thanks in advanced from burnaby bc..