View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I've been feeding raw for a few years now also, and I don't think it's a lot of work. I don't grind my dogs food, I let them chew on the bones and chew up the chunks, it's what those teeth are designed for. It's only a lot of work if you make it a lot of work. As for trusting the companies who do the research and prepare the foods, well then we'd all still be feeding Purina and Beneful if the companies were so invested in our pets health. The companies cut corners and make money. I trust in the research that I do to make certain my dogs get a balanced diet, with variety and the right supplements. It's not hard once you've done your homework. Don't get me wrong, I do buy some pre-made raw, but that makes up maybe 25% of what they get. I buy venison, duck and lamb preground (with bone and veggies) because I don't have access to it as a rule. I buy all my other meats and organs from the butcher or on sale and I measure it out. Research is key. Many vets don't like raw diets because they don't know about them or because people just dive in and feed their dogs entirely wrong. So a pre-made diet to start may be a good jumping off point, but seriously they benefit so much more when they get to actually rip into their dinner! Just my opinion though.