View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:48 AM

When I joined this forum I felt welcome right away, I thought everyone was very nice and came from some different and interesting backgrounds, breeder, rescuer, or just animal lover. I posted responses to a few questions that I have had experience with, and I got burned by others on this site. I was shocked! I mean everyone has had a time in their life when maybe they made a bad or miss-informed decision and needed a little advice or help, which was what I was trying to provide. Just because I am answering someone's question does not mean that I approve of the action, but what is done is done, help them fix it, help them learn to avoid a repeat, and move on.

I am a strong believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt and not judging people untill I know the whole story. So if someone posts about having a dog who is pregnant what should they do? give them a few tips if you have any, suggest close contact with a vet, offer help in finding homes for the resulting pups, and tell them to have the dog fixed to avoid another situation. Being told by half a dozen people they are foolish and should have the dog fixed asap will only scare them off and the result will probably be a sick dog, pups and no future spay scheduled.

My mother always told me "you catch more flys with honey than with vinegar."