View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Why would SG do that? I don't feed SG but I had a chat with the owner of the pet food store in my town. He's been informed of the change but says the price will stay the same. Seems the company is charging him the same amount of money for a lesser quality food. He wasn't too impressed and may stop carrying it altogether. Apparently he has a lot of trouble getting it in the first place, says SG often takes several weeks to ship him his orders.

For anyone who's interested, I feed Holistic Blend (not to be confused with Holistique Blendz by SG). My Benny is extremely sensitive to food in general, and to anything with chicken in particular. He does really well on the Holistic Blend Lamb and Rice formula, here are the ingredients:

Quote:
Lamb, whole ground millet, ground brown rice, whole ground barley, salmon, nutritional yeast, amaranth, flax seed, canola oil, alfalfa, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, choline chloride, L-lysine, cranberries, yucca schidigera extracts, garlic powder, cinnamon powder, rosemary extracts, ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, vitamin E supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, zinc proteinate, niacin, vitamin A acetate, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, manganese proteinate, thiamin mononitrate, colbalt sulphate, biotin, riboflavin, calcium iodate, vitamin D3 supplement, copper proteinates, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin K1 supplement, folic acid.
It's made with free-range lamb meat. A little grainy, but Benny does so well on it I don't mind so much about the grain. His teeth and breath are much better since I've put him on it, and his coat is nice and shiny. Poops are good too. He's 64 pounds and I give him 2 1/2 cups a day to maintain his weight. Costs me $54.99 for a 35 lb bag which is pretty good IMO.