View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:43 PM
chronically insane.

I work at a petstore and the only dogs and cats in the store are from adoption groups only. Same goes for the rabbits now. It works out good actually.. the people who adopt the pet in the store end up buying all kinds of supplies and stuff anyways, so all those pet stores that "need" to sell dogs and cats to make money are liars. Where I work we've never sold dogs or cats and have been in business for 40+ years

Try www.petfinder.com www.petango.com depending on where you live there may be other site available. When adopting from a shelter or group, try to look for one that includes the basics in their adoptions, like the pet should be spayed/neutered and have basic vaccinations. At my shelter when you adopt a dog it is $150. This includes spay/neuter, DHPP and Rabies vaccination, fully dewormed, Frontline/Advantix application, heartworm test, heartworm preventative up to date, microchip and registration, and 30 days free pet health insurance. My shelter is sort of top of the line though, as we have fairly decent funding to be able to keep our programs good so that the adoptions include everything. We have our own veterinary clinic which also keeps prices low.

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009