View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post
Sorry to burst everyon'es bubble...but Hills is a great brand for your pet. Since in my line of profession I work with a ton of vets and so on.

ACO22

So, the vets told you it was great food? And who told them? The salesman who came to their office, told them all the great things about the food and offered to give them a cut of the profit?

Wouldn't it be interesting to know the amount of time the vet spent learning about nutrition? I hear that they are required to take a semester long class. Heck, most of us here have spent more time than that reading everything we can get our hands on to make sure that our pets get the best food available.

Here are the ingredients of their original formula adult dry food:

Quote:
Ingredients

Chicken, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Ground Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Corn Gluten Meal, Brewers Rice, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), DL-Methionine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Last edited by Ford; December 28th, 2007 at 12:14 PM.