View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Oh, I get to play devil's advocate again!!
Zero blame on the victim? Really? Is she not an adult who should know what may happen by petting a dog she really does not know? Yes, she had "seen it around" before. Does not mean she spent time with it petting it and getting to know it. Petting a dog you really don't know is something you are entirely responsible for. JMO though. Also - if indeed this dog is 12 years old and has never bitten before why would the owner expect it to bite this time?
And allergies? Yes, I know you are speaking about service animals being allowed in stores in the future but IMO there is no correlation. How about we ban people who have colds, fevers, communicable diseases from stores? Again . I work in a store where people come in all the time, sneeze all over everything, don't cover their mouth with their arm, sneeze or cough into their hand and then give me money with that same hand. I'd much rather see them being kept out of a store than a service dog who is doing it's job.

We all know how strongly PB advocates' feel about this ban. As has been said before - you are fairly new here. Please get to know who you are addressing before taking on a woman who has been on the front line for a long time. JMO of course.

No need to ever explain yourself Shay. We know what you do every single day of your life. You know that saying "Walk the walk" folks? She does.

Bravo, my friend, so so well said.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey