View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Working GSD Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper'sMom View Post
I'm not sure if they enforce the muzzle law or not. I haven't heard of any incidents. When I moved to town, I talked to the by-law officer and she gave me the whole speel about muzzling and blah blah blah. I have seen a few people out with Pit bull looking type dogs and no muzzles on. Mind you these are young rebellious kids who probably shouldn't own a dog in the first place.
I muzzle Zoe because she has an uncertain type of personality. She's fearful in public and dominant with other dogs so I don't take chances with her. I will take her muzzle off if we are at the park and no one else is around. As soon as I see other dogs, the muzzle goes on. I won't risk it. Even when she's muzzled I don't allow other dogs(off leash ) to come near her. She may pounce on them and then stupid people call authorities to complain about my dog. I just don't want the extra hassles. It's enough hassle having to worry about other people's off leash dogs roaming about!
If anything ever did happen you know it would always be your dogs fault too! You obviously are a very responsible owner and the law should not apply to you!

I will not get into a mass vent here because I think most pet lovers know that the law is crazy!

Take care and your doggies are gorgous!