View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Wayward Family Cats Mommy

Advice for difficult cat with IBD

Well, we had Oscar's ultrasound today (he's been throwing up since July) and the vet says he has "very pronounced" IBD.

They're not sure what to do about it because of Oscar's history. My understanding from them is that they normally put them on Prednisone and a special diet. Well, Oscar does very badly on Pred and he is the most finicky eater I've ever dealt with and the vet doesn't think he'll eat the food they want to prescribe.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

He's currently on Wellness canned food and it took me three months to get him to eat it - he still prefers kibble so much that he'll steal it from the dogs if he thinks they're not looking. I have to take the dog dish up when the dogs are outside so he doesn't eat it. I managed to convince him to eat the Wellness by mixing it with Fancy Feast (which he apparently considers REAL food).