View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM
chronically insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianna079 View Post
Goldfields - one of my old show ponies broke out in ringworm. I was not impressed, as it was also just before show season. Best results I had on the horses, was lime sulphur baths (diluted 1:10).
For the cats I have had success with Nizoral, but for the ferals who can't be handled, there is no way to safely treat them if they do get it. Thats why I am looking into the Program, and at what dosage was safe but effective, as all my findings stated that a much higher dosage is needed than the recommended dosage for flea control.
Yeah, Lime Dips are the only other thing I know to be effective, I never bother with them, seems to be more trouble than it's worth for small break outs which is all I've ever dealt with.

Oddly enough, I have Lupus and am immunocompromised and surely you'd think I'd pick up ringworm like crazy... but nope, never get it Even proved a point with Amira when she had it by taking her and rubbing her ringworm spots all over my skin

I would say, for the ferals... the program thing is gonna be useless and you are wasting your time and money The only orally approved meds for ringworm are Itraconazole (Sporanox) or ... one or two other ones that slip my mind. Anywayysss the major problem with the orally given ringworm meds is they have HIGH risk of side effects! Bad side effects too! Dang, I wish I could remember the one medicine... there is one that has a lower risk of side effects but is VERY expensive. Like, worth it's weight in gold lol

If it were my ferals...... hmm.. I'd probably take my chances trying to apply some cream to them. But, I'd do it by putting the cream on maybe the end of a long paintbrush and brush it on to them through the bars of a safe crate? Does that seem feasible? (Well, technically if it were me I'd just do this the lazy way and get some anesthetics from one of my vet friends and knock the cats out lol)

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009