View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2014, 07:57 PM

Hello Kris35:

Sorry to read about your cat's problems with "explosive diarhea". Our late Missy had the same issue. She had to be rehydrated as a kitten from diarhea.
She had the gas problem that resulted in spraying feces all over the litter box and sometimes on the wall and floor. When she passed gas, you could hear her pretty well all over on the main floor.
We treated her for years for Irritable Bowel Disease which is supposedly caused from dry foods, which she very seldom received. She was on raw food from the time of about 9 months of age.
By the time we found out about the IBS, it was too late, her guts were too far gone to do anything with other than try to keep her as comfortable as possible.
The Irritable Bowel Syndrome is caused from allergic reaction to something in the foods commonly called protein. But I have found out from other people that the protein could be a major contributor, but also some plant matters can aggravate the digestive system as well.
If I were you, I would be contacting your homeopathic person and explain your situation. If a protocol is suggested, follow it to the letter.
A lot of the suggestions already are very good ones, however unless you can get to the heart of the difficulty, nothing is going to relieve anything - at least from my experience with Missy. With her, the problem slowly got worse over her lifetime, to the point where she lost control of her bowel just in the last part of July. And we parted with her the 1st of August.
Something else I would be doing is eliminating the antibiotics due to the fact that they tend to strip the good and bad bacteria from the digestive system - the same as in humans - and if it is irritable bowel, it adds to the problem.

Hope this helps you with some decisions. Please keep us all informed.