View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollface View Post
Thanks 14+ what area do you live in? (if you don't mind posting)

Ok as per the rules, if you have a good Vet, post experience here and PM me the name/contact info please

Right now, the one we go to charges about $50, and then I called another one and they charge $40. They also didn't recommend a raw diet because of the so-called bacteria clearly, they are only thinking through the eyes of humans, tsk tsk such a shame!

I was also able to email some mobile vets and most are recommending a dry AND wet diet. I guess that's an improvement but the most I was quoted was $69 for a 30 minute visit. Is that good?

Sometimes I wish I was smart enough to endure 6 years of University to be a cat only vet and promote high quality canned and raw diets. But that would consist of me arguing with the food "professors" aka the dry food spokesperson disputing their marketing schemes. They should know that when a cat chews kibble, it doesn't help their teeth cuz it CRUMBLES!

ok back on topic!
I am between Hamilton and St Catharines. Closer to St. Cats. I take my cats to St Cats at the moment but that may change. The vet office charges $65 for an office visit.

Just a caution. Just because a vet is cheap does not mean anything. Remember that adage "You get what you pay for." $69 for a mobile vet to come to your house for 1/2 hour! I'd jump at it!!

As for the food being pushed. You do not need to use the vet's food in order to keep on seeing the vet. They can biatch all they want about what you are feeding your cats. Doesn't mean a thing. As long as you are comfortable in what you are feeding and confident it is keeping your cats healthy then pretend interest and don't buy the food on the way out.

If you are interested in pursuing being a vet why not? It has nothing to do with being "smart enough." It has a lot to do with having the heart to do it.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!