View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:54 AM

First - Thanks to everyone so far for your time and thoughts! A few responses are below:

To those commenting on exercise - I do have a laser pointer which I'll use more often, but she knows she can't actually catch the red dot... so won't give chase after about 3 min.

I've considered getting her a younger cat... but I probably should have done that a few years ago. I didn't want more than one for a long while, still unsure...

As for wet food... I'll try her on less Orijen, more wet.... I can't get rid of dry altogether as I'm away from home 1-2 days per week, so that's always available for her. She's used to that and portions herself somehow.

Badger: At her weight she's supposed to get about a cup, but she doesn't need/eat that much. I feed her once a day and she's used to grazing. I'm not home on any schedule for twice-daily feedings. ** LOL on your "until she HAS to react!" **

Badger and Kathryn - Lol K, you DO make me feel not alone! Its my vet warning me about the extra weight - its 20% she doesn't need to carry, and as she ages I worry about uneccessary health badness... maybe I'm paranoid too. 3 years ago I lost MY extra 20% weight (about 35 pounds to us, which I think all would agree is a fair bit) and felt so much better - I want the same for her.

I guess I'll give her wet once a day for a while and see how that goes, keep some (less) kibble down for her so she stays used to eating it.
Brand suggestions are appreciated!

THANKS for aaalllllllllll the advice, keep it coming, and I'll let you know what happens...