View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Well, those are all pretty entertaining stories. I don't know if Phoebe is Queen Whackjob, but she belongs in the Whackjob Royal Court for sure.

Any loud noise (smoke detector, nail gun, kids dropping toys on the floor) will have her running to hide in our bedroom. It's now gotten to the point when I cook certain foods (the ones we KNOW will set off the smoke alarm) she'll run to the bedroom before the smoke alarm even starts buzzing.

Most treats she'll eat in seconds flat. Milk Bones, however, seem to offend her. Give her a milk bone, and she'll give you the same look that a 6 year old would if you asked him to eat broccoli. Then she'll take the offending cookie over to her bed, lay it in the middle, "talk" to it for a few minutes ("Roo roo. I said roo roo! Why aren't you going away?!") then walk in circles while trying to "bury" it in her bed by pushing the cushion over top of it with her nose. If we give her one before we leave the house, she'll wait until we've walked out the door and then "bury" it in the sofa. When we come home, she'll run over and "dance" around it until we dig it back up for her.

The cat is no more sane than the dog is. Marble is now 8 months old, and ridiculously talkative. If we're out of her sight, she "calls" us until we answer her, she walks around the kids' rooms while they're at school "calling" them too. She talks to the birds outside, and to the bugs stuck in the window (before she pounces and kills them, that is). Oh, and she's recently decided that she likes to play "fetch". She'll bring us her rolled up ball of aluminium foil, stare at us until we throw it for her, chase it around for a few seconds, then bring it back to us, drop it at our feet and stare at us again. Gotta get that one on video soon before she decides it isn't fun anymore.