View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
This is NOT a feral cat, but one who has gotten used to be outside. You are doing the right thing by walking her so she will be SAFE to nurse her kittens until they are old enough to be adopted . If you keep her inside, ignore her meows (I know, very annoying) she will end up getting used to be inside too.

If you do end up giving her up for adoption, I would be adopting out to somebody willing to put a cat pen in their back yard to keep her safe. A free running cat is a dead cat. Maybe not in a year, but eventually it's chances of living a full life dwindle.

I have yet to have had a momma cat who wanted to be far from her kittens. Out of the kitten box, yes, but they have all preferred to be in eyesight of their kittens.

I have to agree with Winston, this sounds like an "I'm in heat type of behaviour".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to barn cat, unless its a cat that has been born into that lifestyle, trained by it's momma and is in it's established territory. That poor cat will have to make a territory for itself by fighting off the current cats. That is just cruel in my books and could lead to a very slow, drawn out death.
I was given a cat that was found living outside it was not a feral cat. I end up letting her live outside as she was so unhappy being a cat house. She was spayed too and that did not help. I still fed her and took her to the vet as needed . Then what should be done if the cat hate being a house cat?
It would be horrible to put her in a shelter , I think if the right person had a barn and no others cats it would work out.

Newt looks part Siamese and they're know for being very loud and bossy cats . This could be part of the reason she is so talkative. She is a beautiful cat and and the kittens are so cute.