View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:49 PM

Hmmm this is a tough one... I was really lucky with my three that they took to raw very readily!

It could be that a kibble like Kibbles N' Bits are like junk food to kids... it tastes great, but it's unhealthy for them. It's essentially "fast food" to humans... raw is very healthy and some dogs do refuse it altogether.

You've tried alot of different protein sources... I just can't think of why she would refuse them all.

She may just be one of those dogs that does not mix with raw. You mentioned she has allergies... raw is certainly ideal for dogs with allergies, but if she refuses it altogether, a diet that is grain-free such as Orijen, will also help with the allergies (its essentially RAW but in kibble form). Have you tried any other kibbles? You can gradually mix them w/ what she eats (and likes) now, eventually getting her to a 100% top quality diet.

Good luck!

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama