View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret29 View Post
Cull is certainly not the solution.
Thank you for saying that. I wanted to see where you stood on it. I would hate to see that happen when it has been proven in other areas that t/n/r goes a long way to controlling the population. However, I figured with other animals (deer, coyote, etc) being culled when populations got out of control cats were fair game. Especially with the ever increasing opinion that cats are vermin.
Now - how do you propose to convince farmers/ordinary citizens that they have to fix their cats? We have so many in my area who would just as soon drown kittens, shoot cats, or just do the best they can to ignore them and let nature (coyotes) take it's course it is very tiring trying to deal with them on a regular basis. I speak to people almost daily about the problem. They feel they are helping by feeding the strays. I try to tell them thank you but unless you are willing to get them s/n you really aren't helping at all. In fact you are aiding it. It's disheartening to hear "I'd rather spend the money on clothes or on my kids." when I tell them I can give them the numbers for a couple of low cost s/n places. Sorry for the rant.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!