Thread: Hi, I'm Emma.
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I wonder if the lack of hearing might be due to her colouring, it's not just white dogs with blue eyes that are prone to being deaf.
After some of the of research I've managed thus far, I discovered that dogs can actually be part albino. Those that are, are often affected with hearing impairments. However, Gwen's (BHRR) Mudslide is also hearing impaired and she's a Blue/Merle/Brindle (?). So I guess that deafness isn't only particular to all white dogs .

She's coming along great. We've been working on sits and comes and I think that when she sees me doing jumping jacks and slapping my thighs, she's finally figured out that she gets yummy treats if she come to me (oh, what'll my neighbor's think now ?) Penny is by far her best playmate, and I'm sure that she's been Penny's best playmate ever too. SHe's still having a little trouble reading Lucky so when he's trying to let her know what's not acceptable, she goes into a play bow and barks at him thinking he wants to play . Good thing Lucky can be a patient fella.

Oh, oh, she's also going to make her new family extremely pleased if they're not morning people. Neither is she . She sleeps 10 hours straight!