View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
eturner,hello,from a fellow Oakvillonian
I too,like 14+was touched by little Gracie little angel,who opened you and your pups up to the wonderful world of kitties.
Your Schnauzers are beautiful,both the little one and the giant one.

I remember a few years back that a Giant Schnauzer had been stolen,probably never found,but the owner asked people to look for anyone with a GS,I found out there were only 4 in Oakville,I find them to be beautiful dogs.
Your little kittens are adorable
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM
Thanks Chico!
To my knowledge there are at least 12 Giants in Oakville now, 4 that I have placed here I remember when Schooner went missing and we followed leads for ages to no avail, so sad. They really are beautiful but that unfortunatley works against us, folks love the look but don't research the breed and don't realize that a terrier temperament in a large package, combined with an extended adolescence means training is not an option. Most people who dump them, do so at around the age of 2 and it's really sad, Giants are "velcro" dogs and bond intensly with their people and mourn for them making retraining and placement difficult. They are definately my breed of choice but what makes them perfect for our active lifestyle (2 runs daily at the 7 km off-leash trail in Bronte Park) and total inclusion in family life, is what makes them anything but the perfect dog for many folks.
As you can see I could go on and on, but I just love Giants!!
When our little Gracie got sick, Molly mothered her beautifully, and both our pups were so upset when she was gone.
Thanks for the welcome, great to see someone else from Oakville!!!!!
Elizabeth