View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Unofficial Zookeeper

First, sorry i responded to an old thread. second...I'm aware that neutered dogs do this as well. I've just been told by the vet that often unneuterd males mark more, because they are hormonal if you will. My male who is not neutered yet, has been marking for a year or more. we've got him next on the list for fixing. The pee bands do nothing for us other than protect the carpet, floor, and anything else he marks his territory . We did find though he didnt start this until he had a "sister" come home. she wasnt fixed, and he started peeing the place. now she is, but he has the "habit". we've tried it all...finally gave up and just put the pee gaurd in place. we have a spare too..cause we have to check him , if its starting to soak thru...we put the other one on , and run that one in the wash. he is only allowed outside, or on tile without it. he dosent mind it. its become somewhat of a routine. he knows when he comes in and there isnt a baby gate blocking the kitchen and laundry room off, to stand still and await one of us to wrap him. if the gate is up, he knows he dosent have to have it. stupid enough to pee the place, smart enough to learn when he gets the pee wrap. Sigh....lol.