View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
Rice is apart of the BRAT diet which is bananas , rice , applesauce ,and toast
and for people that have diarrhea .
Yes, I know this.

Quote:
These are all binding foods so if your cat is constipated a lot it would be best to feed him as little rice as possible .
He isn't constipated a lot. It's happened twice and we know to avoid dry kibble because of it.

Quote:
You should made sure your cat is drinking enough water , if not that could made him constipated .
He gets lots of fluids given he only eats canned/wet food. Cats are not big drinkers, in general - so I sometimes add some water to his food as well.

Quote:
Flax seed is used a lot in dog foods , this help with constipation ,maybe you could see if there is some cats foods that have fax seeds .
I may look into that, but it isn't a high priority to find a food that has flax seed as we do control it with Restoralax right now, along with fish oils.

Quote:
You should check with your vet first and when giving your cat a new food is should be done slowly , add a little to his food and see how he does on it.
I'd be bothering my vet weekly if I were to check each time I tried a new food with my cat! He does fine with all foods, as long as it's not kibble (but he's fussy with his canned food).