View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She's very pretty Itdh! She does look double-coated--does she have some golden in her? When you brush her, save the hair and put it out for the birds to use in their nests. We do that every spring and it goes like hotcakes!

One thing I do when the dogs are blowing their coats is use a smock (like an artist's smock) when I'm cooking, and only when I'm cooking. It doesn't get hairy if I don't wear it when I'm around the dogs, and it covers the hair on my clothes that gets deposited when I brush the dogs. It doesn't keep 100% of the hair out of my food, but for the few hairs that we find, I have a trivet that says: "The chef is not responsible for dog hair."

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."