View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Senior Contributor

We didn't have to go back to the emergency vet today, so I hope the worst is over now! He threw up two more times around 6pm today and is still having some diarrhea, but hopefully we'll have a better night tonight! I'm still a little anxious until we get the kidney results back on Tuesday, but I'm sure they'll be fine.

But the charcoal seems to have really affected him. Has anyone else had any experience with this? He threw up three times today total, and each time was mostly black charcoal liquid. I now have two big black stains on my carpet that isn't coming out with carpet cleaner. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove it? I might go rent a carpet shampooer tomorrow, because it's pretty gross! Also wondering how long I should expect his symptoms from the charcoal to last. Anyone else ever been through this before that would know? Nothing for the last six hours now, so I'm hoping this is the end of it now! We had a fun afternoon in the backyard and then a night on the deck with the firepit and he was acting his normal self, so I think he's feeling much better now!