View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:22 AM

Thank you for replying. I will never put my dog on food from Surrey Meats again. I bought 50lbs thinking it was such a great deal and a day later my dog was vomiting profusely and was totally off his food. He was very sick. The only thing that changed was his diet. I appreciate that Surrey Meats are trying to get into the raw food industry, but I have to wonder about the quality, and the quality control. However, I sometimes buy raw bones or turkey necks from them. I just will not be trying any raw food diet with them again. Also, the food is quite bloody-watery once thawed, so out of those 50lbs, just how much is actual meat?

Another good source for meats such as organ meats, turkey necks and chicken backs are Penguin Meats in White Rock. And, if you order more than $100 at a time, they will deliver it to your house.

I work 6 days per week and have 12 hour days. I would love to make my own but I just dont have the time.

I have previously tried BrambleHills raw, but $65 for 30lbs is steep when I can buy MDF 40lbs for $50.