View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Senior Contributor

You are all forgetting what Choochi posted.
[Quote] I just listened to a radio interview with the woman and here are a few more details to the story.

A few other employees attempted to pat the dog and he growled at them. The lady was asked that if the dog was not friendly and continued to growl at people she would need to take it out of the store. When asked why she brought the dog with her, she said it was because he likes to look at things. [End quote]

So, shame on that owner for keeping her old dog out when obviously it was having a bad day, and shame on her for not saying clearly, even loudly, "Leave the dog alone".It had been primed to attack by other staff probably showing fear when it growled too. For such carelessness on her part, especially when someone gets hurt, the dog should be taken off her. If she'd been waving a gun around and it accidentally went off, wouldn't you want the gun taken off her?

By the way, what exactly is Home depot,(duh! ) what do they sell? No such thing here, and dogs are not allowed in stores at all, or maybe only in Petstock - not sure that's even the case as I only see the owner's GSD there. And definitely not allowed in Hotel or Motel rooms because of people with allergies. And you know, much as I love dogs, I don't want to go shopping with them, not have to try and get past people trying to pat the cute little fluffy someone had bought along.