Thread: To Whip or Not?
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't know so much, Gail. I still have the scar on my arm from a bite from a big pony that used to charge people and bite them. Not the only horse I have seen like it, another was a palomino hack that was a terrorist in the stables at our big Royal shows, wanting to bite everyone who walked past, while another was a racehorse. Now, how are you , any of you, going to stop a determined and nasty horse? If those people walk into the paddock in 5 minutes time and that horse attacks again, what should they do? I mean after they pick themselves up or make it let go of them? Oh, just remembered another one, a galloway mare that had the staff at the stud I worked at scared stiff of her. One person would feed her carrots while another bolted over to her shelter shed and put the feed in, they were too scared to just feed her normally. These horses have no respect whatsoever once they start meaning to do harm. BUT, seeing that Erykah is talking about a newbie owner, my first question must be did the horse really charge them, or instead canter up wanting to be fed, or seeking some attention? If so, and they hit or startled it for that, then I'd like to take the whip to them,. not the horse.