View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 08:33 PM

Hello again:

Hazel makes a good point about the cat food dishes - not to use plastic. Also she suggests stainless steel which is a good idea as well, as long as they are from North America. Some of the offshore dishes are noted to be radio active from my research.

So what I have done is go the Corelle glass dishware for feeding the cats. It's less costly than pet food dishes and more apt to be free of contaminants than other dishes. And they do take a decent pounding before breaking.

As for the Amitriptyline. I have had no experience with it. But today, I was in conversation with our chiropractor who is also an animal chiropractor and works with our veterinarians in the area. When I mentioned this anti depressant to her, she assumed I was using it on one of our cats. She was not impressed. We told her no, that someone else was having issues with their cats and this was suggested to them to relieve stress.

She said that she wouldn't even wish it on a human, never mind an animal - that it is very addictive. She said it would leave the cat like a zombie. She definitely would not recommend it. It would mask the problem rather than remedy it.

She suggested going through a raft of what could cause the issue and the use of Homeopathy and diet. She also brought up Rescue Remedy as well.

I have used Rescue Remedy and it really works. She said to get to the base of the problem rather than trying to mask it.

She had a lot of questions that should be looked at. Things like, have you moved in the last year? have you bought new furniture? have you had construction in the house or apt? are there other animals in the area of your place - cats, dogs, that show up out the window? Is she very territorial? I could go on with these questions but they are things to look into. She also suggested having a good hard look into food allergies. She also said that if you have access to an Integrative vet, it might be worth looking into.

I mentioned to her about the Acne and the Urinary Tract problem that you were prescribed antibiotics for both and she said be very careful with the antibiotics - which you can have problems with them. I know this from past experience.

Also, thank you for the picture of your kitty - you didn't tell us what her name is. We are also working with a friend who has a long haired female and it could pass as a twin to yours. Having similar problems.

Hope some of this info is helpful.