View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Geek Club CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post

Bendyfoot, my point is this: dogs that act inappropriately in this type of settings should be addressed. .
I guess my question would be, "was the yorkie really acting 'inappropriately' for a dog-dog type of interaction". My second question would be, if this was another DDB or a Rott or a Mastiff and not a yorkie, would people be as concerned about the interaction?

I dunno, I understand the potential for risk of injury for the smaller dog, even if the larger dog acted completely appropriately and non-aggressively to correct the smaller one for its rudeness.

I guess I just object to the idea that the owner of the bigger dog should automatically have to remove her well-behaved dog for the sake of optics. Part of me, honestly, thinks "let the DDB thump the little snot", if it really truly was being a brat and not just engaging in boistrous play. So on that line, unless the owner of the little one felt their dog was in danger, I don't really think the little one should be automatically removed either.
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)