View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2017, 12:11 PM

What part of Canada are you in?? Is that holistic vet anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Calgary? The reviews on the holistic vets in Calgary that I am seeing online are not very encouraging - although I know these reviews can be unreliable.
I am very interested in the leaky gut possibility as Millie has had a couple of bouts of pancreatitis in her lifetime - not serious or alarming - but they happened.
I am a huge believer in diet addressing most health issues, but I am so overwhelmed at this point that I don't know where to start with her. She liked raw when I tried her on it a couple of years ago - but didn't tolerate it very well long term. She hates plain kibble (which is not a bad thing) which is why I home cook for her and mix this with kibble to try to keep it as balanced as possible, although I realise she may not be getting a correct balance by doing this.
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost contact with your dog - its so sad when this happens and children and animals inadvertently suffer as a result.