Thread: I am Thinking
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:48 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
It is a labor of love. My house was built in 1930 and I had all the original doors, windows etc. When we did reno last year I was surprised to see not one bit of wood rot. The roof has solid 2 inch solid planks right across. You could land a plane on the thing, it is so solid. We stored the doors and the windows because someday this house will go heritage. I will show bits and pieces of my house but not much, reason I because of what work I do. I would rather show pictures of the dogs lol...
Our house was built in 1949 and we purchased it from the original owners that built it. Back then, the building plans were from Better Homes and Gardens. Totally constructed with 2 x 12's and we still have all the original storm windows and screens where hubby insists on climbing up and down the ladder to change every year! Our house also has local history behind it and was suggested by members of our community to list it as heritage. I looked into the program and it seems pretty intensive in what you can and CANNOT do to a heritage home.

Oh and BTW....I'm going to make a correction in that I think both you and Rainbow "seem like more of the "real" people on this forum!"

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)