View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

He mentions breathing difficulty here:

After a short time I noticed it was walking slowly and with its belly close to the ground , it then lay down and seemed to be breathing rapidly and struggling.

I could no longer pick it up as that was causing too much distress , so I telephoned the nearest vet and described everything, they wanted to see it right away but alas that was impossible.

Our conclusion was that it may have been struck by a car or attacked by a dog , though there are no outward signs of any trauma.

So 8 hours later it is still very lethargic in its bed and still breathing rapidly , from very gentle stroking it would appear the most tender area it around the ribcage on both sides.

I am posting here because recently it is attempting to mew , but that is coming out as a very dry rasping sound , so i need to know if i can attempt to give some liquids , I know the vet would probably set up a drip to replace shock loss fluids but fluid by mouth is not advised .

Please help as this is true agony to watch and listen too.

Michael

I think the point being made for you is that we are not vets here and when dealing with medications, pills etc that is better left for someone who has the veterinary experience. What if given wrong information something happens to the animal?? I would feel terrible.

Cindy

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown