View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Unfortunately because of the sheer number of cats I have I have no choice but to buy Friskies and FF. I try to stick to the pate style foods but occasionally buy the gravy ones as some of the kitties prefer them.
14+, I give my gang FF too when I run out of their regular stuff. I don't think the ingredients are terrible. I always get the "classic" ones, since they seem to be the better of the lot and they don't have the wheat gluten, which was what caused much of the problem with the recall back in 2007.

And I'll tell you something. Here, where I live it would cost me close to the same amount to feed my gang FF than it would to feed them Precise! For me a 13.5 oz can of Precise is around $2.25. A 3.5 oz can of FF is 50 cents. I'd have to buy 4 cans of FF to get about the same amount and it would cost me $2.00 per feeding. So you can see I'd only be saving around 25 cents if I just bought FF. For now, I can afford to pay the extra 25 cents, but I have no problem buying FF when I need to and I would not feel guilty. Like I said, I don't think it's a bad food if you know which ones to get.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/