Thread: gift ideas
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:48 PM

Neat idea for Christmas

We started a tradition when my hubby and I first got together and now it is pretty much expected every year from his parents. He had not had a picture taken of him for probably 15 years then I came along. We now, every year give them a new picture of us ( and the rugrats) and a new Christmas ornament. I know that just an ornament sounds like a really cheap gift but my mother in law loves to see the unique one I find for them every year.

With those ideas for coffee have you ever seen those chocolate dipped spoons? You could even do them yourself and if you wanted to make them extra special use silver spoons instead of plastic ones.

A friend of mine always wraps her gifts for everyone in new Bath Sheets wrapped with raffia. It is one of the most unique gift wrapping ideas I have heard of yet.

Just a few suggestions from me here, I am not materialistic at all so I always give really simple gifts, and they always come from the heart.

One other thing you could give them is a dinner out ( but not in the form of a gift certificate) Make a card with an informal invitation to take them out to dinner with you guys. How much more personal can you get than that?