View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:11 PM

Lost jack russell terrier-cobourg, ont

Sam is a 3 year old Jack Russell Terrier. Due to new bylaw restrictions, I had to give him up to the Ontario Jack Russell Rescue. He was placed in a foster home in Cobourg, Ontario. Sam is a country dog and not used to the city or lots of people. He ran away from his foster home on August 1st. He has been sighted by several people running in the brushy areas: behind the Esso on Division St., behind the Salvation Army Church, and around the railroad tracks near Ball and University Sts.
Sam is very much loved and is being actively searched for by a lot of people. If you have seen him, please either contact the Cobourg Animal Control, the Port Hope Animal Control, the Cobourg Police Department or me at heavensgatejrts@sympatico.ca
Sammy is probably quite frightened and probably won't come to you if called. He is very friendly to other dogs (at least, other Jack Russells) and may come to one of them. He is a big boy for a Jack, with a mostly white body, tan on his ears, a tan patch on his right side and tan on his tail and down the back of his right leg. He is up to date on all shots and wormings, is neutered and microchipped.
If someone has found him and really wants to keep him, it would probably be ok as long as we know he is safe and loved.
Please, the weather won't stay nice much longer and there are coyotes in the conservation area near where he has been sighted. I think he is having a great time running loose right now, but it is not safe for him. If you have seen him, please let someone know......time, date and location, if possible. If you live in the area, please check under your decks and porches, in and behind your sheds. Tell your neighbours, and ask your kids to keep an eye out for him. If you don't live in the area, and want to help, please pass this message on to everyone you can think of or post it wherever you think it might do some good. I know if we can get the message out to enough people, we can bring Sam safely home. Thank you for any help.
Attached Images