Thread: Husky/Lab mix
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM

New puppy husky/lab mix

Hi my name is Julie and am looking for some insight on these types of dog. Yesterday my Husband bought a dog for me, it is a husky/lab mix but more husky, due to the fact that I am alone alot and he thinks it will be good company for me and my children. I have had dogs before but mostly small breeds such as poodles and a small spaniel like lady in lady and the tramp. I have had no experience whatsoever in training a dog because my dogs that I have had have always come from my local SPCA so they were already all mature in age. I am looking for any good advice before I receive this new puppy in order to properly train him. He was born June 1, 2010 so the lady said he should be ready to go by July 27, 2010 at the earliest. This new addition to our family will mostly be a house dog (meaning he will be going outside for play and regular "duties" but will be sleeping inside because I find it cruel to leave an animal outside at night. I wonder what is best for his "nighttime habit of sleep" should I let him sleep with us or one of the kids or should I make him sleep on a cushion/pillow on the ground? And any and all information to completely train a puppy without having to use any force (physical) at all
Thank you
Julie
Attached Images