View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Thanks solamio, the problem with Sweet Pea is quantity, so I think I need to really control her food intake (which I am doing now by locking up Jasper's food. Puddles eats while Sweet Pea is locked up and eats almost all her food at once). She is currently eating 50% Organics by Nature and 50% Wellness grain free or now, Instinct. She needs very low carb food or she gets very moody. I am hoping with the strict quantity intake she will get used to a lower calorie intake and won't crave so much food. She has actually lost some weight since I have taken away all her kibble.
Ohhh quantity... I have had to really limit the amount I'm feeding the girls, too. I switched to higher quality food and lowered the amount because Layla was overweight when we adopted her from the SPCA. Millie was always a pretty small cat. Now the shoe is on the other foot- Layla looks tiny in comparison to ballooned Millie. :sad: I don't think she's on her way to cat obesity, but she's still a bit larger than I feel comfortable with. I'm going to check with the vet at her next visit. But even he said (about Millie) "I don't think she'll ever be a LARGE cat". Boy was he wrong...

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." -Unknown

Mom to:
Sola: 18 month old black lab/malamute
Luna: 2 year old Siberian Husky (rescue)
Millie: 2.5 year old tabby (rescue)
Layla: ?? year old calico (rescue)

Former mom to (RIP):
Nicole: Maine Coon cat 1985-1999
Poncho: Degu
Bibi: Degu
Josette: St. Bernard, childhood pet