View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Moms cat and the new Vet

Well as I posted yesterday I took Winston to the new vets office...Well today was my mom's turn to take her kitty in..and we met the new vets partner! he was just as great!

Brady has the rodent lip. My mom was so impressed with the vet as well because he took the time to explain things to her and she loved his bedside manner as we put it!

We also found that Brady's rodent lip has improved over the past 2 months and he has received no prednisone or any form of treatment...So after a lengthy discussion we decided to give the depo shot a try...the vet seems to think it will clear it up in 7-10 days..As well mom thought Brady had some kind of mites or bugs on him..we knew for sure it wasnt fleas cause she is not finding anything like a flea and no bites..as it turns out Brady has been scratching some areas around his neck and lower jaw and that is from the rodent lip...what mom what finding was his skin attached to the hair folicle..

Brady went from 13 lbs last August to 10.9lbs today! Brady eats Orijen and we have introduced him this weelk to the Venison and Green Pea and so far he likes it..I was impressed with the vet having more knowledge than the last and he fully indicated what Sugarcatmom had said about giving the cat a different protein like venison or duck! He also stated that he would think that the canned would be better for him as well!!

So all in all moms happy I am happy and most importantly her little guy Brady is healthy and a very happy kitty...

Sugarcatmom can you help me with the amount to get Brady to eat? Mom has been dividing the large can into quarters and giving him that once per day....so after increasing this amount how much of a can will be adequate for him? 1 can per day? I will be getting mom to slowly reduce his kibble as well..

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown