Thread: Camera Poll
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM

I'm far from a great photographer, but I'm really excited about my new camera so I'll answer anyways .

What Camera do you have?
Canon Powershot SD 800 IS

What do you like/love about it?
I love the image stabilization, it's a definite must for me . The colour always turns out amazing, the images are clear, and I haven't had any trouble with the battery life at all and that was a major thing for me. The screen is pretty big so I could imagine it taking a toll on battery life, but since I haven't had a trouble with it with the screen on, I think it would practically be endless if I turned the screen off. As well, the start up/shut down times are very, very quick. It's handy when one of the dogs does something and I need to take the picture quickly, it seriously starts up in no time at all. It's also very easy to use, but it still has a bunch of cool features if you take the time to learn how to use them, which is a plus for people like me who have a lot of trouble figuring these things out...

What don't you like about it?
My two peeves about this camera is that there's no battery life indicator, so you don't know how much battery life is left until it's almost gone. Another thing is that it doesn't use regular AA batteries so it might be a bit of a pain if the battery happens to die and you're out and about, but at least I'm not throwing batteries out constantly.

I've only had it for about a month, but I love it .

Last edited by chocolatecoffee; April 21st, 2007 at 04:20 PM.