View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Senior Contributor

LOL, your cat wants to be a Labrador Retriever puppy. One of ours is like that. She will be a year old April 1st. In a lifetime of cats I've never had one who was such a biter. One day last week I came home to find five rolls of toilet paper distributed about the house. All chewed, scratched and partly unrolled. We puppy proof, make that cat proof, as much as we can. We have to tell every visitor where we hide the TP.

But what helps the most is a couple of periods a day of really strenuous play. I get her chasing a string on a stick and I run it up the loveseat, down to the floor, up the easy chair, down to the floor, up the chesterfield, up higher to the cat stand, down to the floor. We have to take rests because I get dizzy. This little cat is literally flying through the air after the string. She needs this about 10 or 15 minutes a time a couple of times a day. Plus she tears around the house chasing her sister too.

Try some more exercise with your cat, see if it helps. You probably do have to remove items that could potentially hurt her, or you if she burns your house down. A thing to try on objects you don't want her to bite is vinegar or bitter apple spays meant for puppies. You have to reapply them often.