View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:38 AM

Old thread, but a good one.

I'm one of the pet lovers that always trusted the food manufacturers to provide a quality product, but over the past 5 years or so, more research into it made me want to puke. My little one, Tia, passed away but I realized too late that many of her issues were caused by what we were feeding her. Makes me want to cry to think of it.

Trying to find a vet that's educated enough about food is difficult to say the least. Started feeding raw to the little bugger we have now, but the vet wanted to put him on a hydrolyzed diet from Hills Diet as she thought he had allergies. I bought a few cans of wet just so I could get out of the sales pitch, and gave them away. Hydrolyzed is basically food molecules that are so small that the body can't recognize the protein? Yeah, it'll probably work for allergies, but jeepers, look at the ingredients.

He's been raw fed since mid December and loves it. Never really thought about raw foods until we started dealing with the minpin, always paid the price for the "top" brands, falling for the sales pitches in hopes that all would be good. Now i'm a believer in it and never will another animal of mine be fed commercial foods of any sort.