View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Dakkar - we all have our own mental disablility in one form or another, so I dare say that this would not be a reason for you not getting your cats back.
You know the more I think about this the more I think that this is indeed theft. No contract means they have no evidence that you surrendered the cats to them. Yes you contacted them, yes you handed them over, but under false pretense. It will boil down to he said, she said.
The other thing I find very interesting is how quickly they went to get your cats. Everywhere is so full so for a rescue to react so quickly is almost unheard of. Cats are occupying so many foster spaces that most times when rescues are contacted, there is a waiting list to get in. Out of everything said, this is what I find ...fascinating to say the least.
I am itching to find out the name of this rescue...itching. I do have a great contact that is deep in cat rescue and she knows who is who. Infact, if she is even associated with this rescue, then I will find the truth. We are good friends.
So I hope somehow you can guide me to the name...somehow.

Personally, I think it is horrible to treat another human being with such disregard. I am certain, if they would simply say why they feel the need to keep the cats, then you would at the very least be at peace and could perhaps move on.

Another thing I would like to add, please for the sake of your own health, do not over burdeon your mind with this incident. Being a total animal activist, I still think of the human factor. Sorry to say to all my activists collegues...but you need to take care of yourself first and foremost.

I think that your best course of action is to get legal assistance in this matter.

I am curious, what did the police tell you when they met this person?