View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM

"What's been bugging me at the back of my mind... is that there must be people out there who have cans from the affected batches, feed their cats Wellness only, and do not have a clue about the recall... "

. . . . like me . . .

I had issued over the past several weeks with one of my cats (Fred) who has diabetes. The diabetes had never been a big issue (other than having it!), but a short while ago Fred had a reduced appetite, lethargic, disinterested in things, slightly weak, lost a bit of weight. His appetite issue became enough of a concern that I went to the vet. Some antibiotics for an odd infection of his gums (despite having this teeth cleaned a few months back) as a first step. But when I came home, I came across a notice of this past recall. Checking my stock (I live in the sticks, so I buy in 8 or 10 'flats' of canned at a time) I see the remaining few flats are from that period.

As of the last few days I've switched foods if only to get him to eat more (using Go!Natural grain free). Still not much change but then it's only been a few days.

But yeah . . . not knowing and having to scour the internet to stay on top of recalls.

I'll have to spend more time on the FelineDiabetes forum and this one.

Angry as hell if this is what has affected Fred. And hoping he comes back around to his mouse and gopher hunting self.