View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:18 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You could try the Performatrin Ultra. I think it's a little cheaper than Wellness. My guys like it better than Wellness. For some reason a while back they turned their noses up at Wellness. No matter how many times I try it they won't touch it.
Instead of giving them the midday feeding you could try giblets, hearts, liver. You find it in the meat section. It is sometimes trial and error trying to get them to eat it but it's worth a shot. None of mine are crazy about liver. The giblets get gobbled quickly, hearts not so much. They do eat them though. In my store hearts and giblets come together in a pack.
If they eat raw chicken why not try giving them some of that for one meal? Chicken legs/thighs are not too pricy. Especially on sale. You can take the meat off the bone if you are sqeamish about the bones for them and see what they think.
SCM also mentioned feeding a cheaper brand occasionally. For the midday meal that would be good too. A can of Friskies (pate) is around 55 cents. Even two or three of those a day is cheaper than one can of Wellness.
It's trial and error finding the combination that works for you. You will find the right mix soon.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!