View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Learning fast

I've gone from high speed wireless to dial up (still wireless ) and it's painfull, but I would ahve to get a sat-link to get high speed here, dial up is at a max of 26kbps, not even able to get 56k. However my cell phone doesn't get reception, but I couldn't live without it, the closest thing to it at the moment is the new iphone. Except mine has a better DVD player built in, and I have a great speaker for listening to music. So it's my entertainment, mp3/4 player, calander, 2 meg camera and video camera, and it also has all the regular bells and whistles, it's 4 years old now so showing it's age, but I couldn't imagine replacing it.
My Stereo I wouldn't go without, I made sure than came with me when I came to Canada and rewired my house for 220v in the living area so i could listen to my Stereo.
TV's and cable I don't give much towards, I'd love to not use the car (working towards that with speeding tickets in the Porsche) and could walk to the georgian trail to walk the dogs, however there is no-one else around so they would not socialize that way.
I love my new camera but I too have a pentax ME Super SLR in prestine condition waiting for me to get back into taking real pictures. However by then I'l probably see it as an antique.
I HATE electric can openers, I just can't get them to work, I always use the manual one, and why does it need a bag opener on the BACK, who ever uses that handy built in function.
I would say remote control, but only used for it's intended purpose, if you need to press a button more than 20 times you sould put it down. That said, Missy made short work of mine and I don't have $300 to replace it with. :sad: .
I do love technology but we rely on it, sometimes to do bad things (especially in medicine) all in the name of progess apparantly .
I'm slowly going back to the old way, and with the amount of powercuts out here I'm soon going to be doing without the electric light